Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Passing Like a Tchoukball Pro



Today in class it was finally my groups chance to teach our international game from our Lab C. My group members were Lesley, Emily, Justin and I. The game that we were assigned to teach was Tchoukball, which I have never played before so it was a challenge from the start. Tchoukball is an indoor team sport developed in the 1970s by Swiss biologist Hermann Brandt, who was concerned by the numerous serious injuries among athletes resulting from sports prone to aggression and physical contact. My task was to teach the 4th grade, Lesley was to teach Kindergarten, Emily was teaching the 8th grade and Justin was scheduled to teach last for the 12th grade class. We were all really excited to get underway. I had met up a few times and planned out some stuff as a group and everything seemed like it was going to work.

To start off my lesson I had the class play a quick game of blob tag to get everyone moving and heart rates up. After everyone was warm up I brought everyone in to show them a quick presentation on the projector screen that I had set up for our groups technology. I showed a quick video of some Tchoukball professions and the class really seemed to like the video. Also on the presentation I had my cues for passing the Tchoukball. I then started into my lesson where I was a little nervous to start and in the middle I remember that I had the rules poster on the other side of the gym so i quickly gathered everyone around that. I wasn't as comfortable in this lab as I was in the previous. I think that is because it was a new game to me and I really didn't know how to progressively teach the skill to a class of 4th graders. I felt like I should have incorporated more of a game like drill rather then have the stand on the lines and throw back and forth with each other.


Overall I was happy with my Lab C. I do feel like I could have done a lot better planning for it and incorporated a lot more things. For the next lab I am definitely going to practice everything before hand and have everything set of what it is exactly that I am going to be doing.



Time Coding
Verbal Transcript
40 Tasks
Lesson Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment