Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 5 Lab A2


In class today we had to re-teach our first lab but we were a lot more prepared this time. For my teaching lab I taught the volleyball set which I had learned in the previous semester so I was able to use some things that I learned and saw in my lesson. I felt as thought I rush through many of the demonstration, particularly because we only had 4 minutes and I kind of figured the class knew what to do already. I also need to speak more loudly next time, I started off loud but progressively got quieter as the lesson went on.


A few things that I think I did well on were that I did demonstrate everything that I was teaching well and I had a safety statement. After class one of my classmates came up to me and told me that the part where I had them lay on there backs and set the ball back to the partner was very helpful to them which made me feel that my teaching, even though it was only for 4 minutes, helped someone.


I feel as though I did a lot better my second time and I will continue to get better as the semester progresses. My observations in PED 201 also helped me during this lab because of how hard it is to control the kids at St. Mary's it made this class of my peers a lot easier to control because they actually listened to what i had to say and did what I requested of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment